Monday, January 07, 2008

2008- 1 Year

Tomorrow, January 8th, I will quietly celebrate my first full year here at Pixar, and in San Francisco. It's been a great experience thus far, and having just been given two weeks off, one that I've been doing some reflecting on over the last 18 or so days. I think I'm still adjusting, very subtly at this point, to a new place, new life, and new expectations. I'd like to say thanks to Dani, Nick and Matt. I'd still be in TO if it weren't for you guys.

I also got a chance to do some of my own work over the break. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but it turned out I needed more rest than I thought I did. Here are some of the results of that, which I'm trying to wrestle into a shape that resembles a story. I've also been experimenting with some new photoshop painting techniques I've picked up at work, some of which are on display here.
Happy new year!

Enjoy,
James



22 comments:

Cookedart said...

Great Stuff! I love the pants.

Dani said...

Yay, you posted them!
You are amazing. Amen.

the doodlers said...

Those are some folds in those pants. Really nice character work...love the muddy colurs.

Wow has it been a year?? That's so cool. Take care James. We'd love to catch up with you and Dani when you're in T.O. next time.

Wouter Bruneel said...

Amazing pants on these guys. And great colors especially the second one.

W

monkeyfeather said...

GREAT drawings James. Congrats on your year at Pixar, that's awesome.

Germán said...

You really deserve being over there. These are getting me even more excited about that project.

Unknown said...

WWWoowww...very good art!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thierry Martin said...

bonne année 2008 james, et pleins de projets a venir.

Lee-Roy said...

Hi James — I saw your Chippy and Loopus interpretation on John's blog. Great!!! Congrats on one year at Pixar. That's awesome.

"Cool" characters. Really nice. Quite some Photoshop skills you've got going there, as well.

dancing platypuss said...

LOVE THEM MAN!! VERY COOL

Amelia Lorenz said...

These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I've been trying to know more about photoshop recently and these and the drawings from your previous post really inspired me to get going! Congrats on your first year at Pixar!

sauer said...

These are beautiful man!!

Ugo Bienvenu said...

I really like these!

Oliver Kurth said...

Very cool sketches! And congratulations to your first anniversary!

RAWLS said...

Nice work James!! Congrates on the one year mark, and hopes for a great 2008!!

Dan said...

Well first off, congratulations! Great drawings James, I love your style, it's so fluid and full of life. And yeah, those pants are rad!

Paul Tuller said...

wow, fun digital paintings!! Congratz on the first year!!

Unknown said...

COOOL character design!

monkeyfeather said...

Too bad I missed you as well at this weekend's crawl. I'll have to talk to more people next time.

Lee-Roy said...

Hey, good meeting you at the sketchcrawl. Post your sketches!

Unknown said...

Wow those look cool!

Angelo Vilar said...

fresh!